Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Love and Loss

I envy those who are lucky enough to be able to spend the rest of their lives with their first great love. Not just that but have a good relationship with them as well. It does not even have to be the first but the second or third...shit any.

I once read that people only have three great loves in their lifetime. I thought about it and realized I already had mine. It brought me great distress. I still have a bit of anxiety about it. Am I forever doomed?

My analytical nature has been a stumbling block. Although one wonders if it has preserved me for something better. A relationship that blends that intense devotion, with steadfast love, common interests and goals, and mutual respect is of the highest sort. Why is it so rare? I can not but help to blame our culture for its lack of commonality and need for instant gratification.

No comments:

Post a Comment