Thursday, September 3, 2009

Californication...

The first time I remember hearing the word was the Chili Pepper's song. I immediately understood it in so many different ways. In another lifetime I lived in SoCal....San Diego not LA but it still instilled a certain aspects to my personality and way of thinking. There are similarities between the two but mostly SD is a friendlier, more laid back and less pretentious version of LA. So basically all the good without most of the bad. It is a different world out there. Some of it leaks out into the rest of the country and even the world because of Hollywood but it takes a decade for things to even be somewhat remotely like it is out there ethos wise. Actually more. It's like living in the stone ages out here sometimes. I miss being out there a lot. I hardly know anyone there any more and would be abandoning just about everything and one by leaving to go there. I know I could make new friends. Hell I got a whole bunch to start from with the SD Roller Dolls. Yet I'm sick of making new friends. I can barely keep up with the ones I already have. Actually I do a pretty shit job of that but I'm getting better.

This whole Internet thing is a love-hate thing. It helps to stay connected but I feel can potentially eat up so much of my time. In a good way it is teaching me to budget better. It is enabling me to write more...to express. Hopefully it will soon help me start my business so I don't have to "9-5" it any more.

So I just started watching Californication, the Showtime show. I happened upon once several months back and it seemed interesting so I stuck it on a mental list of shows to potentially check out. Then I was tired and needed something to help keep me awake while I put stuff away from the cooler I packed of refrigerator items (I'm moving...woohooo!) and it was on the new to instant watch on Netflix. Note to all you TV execs who so faithfully follow my blog...getting your shit on instant watch helps get people into the show...we might not want to wait to see the next season online and watch it live. Anyway the aside over now... The show is actually really good. It is irreverent, serious and heartfelt. So much like me :) It is about a New York writer living in LAla land. He both enjoys and disdains the place. I never really thought David Duchovny was all that hot but I do really dig the character. I'd like to have some beers with him. Possibly fuck him. The thing though is he is blogging and it made me think about my blogging. He also is a writer and it reminds me to write. I just started watching the show last night and I've already started writing a book (something that has taken almost 9 months to get back to) and got back to this silly thing as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment